National Certificate in
Employment Skills (Level 1)
This qualification is intended to act as a springboard and assist people into employment or further education.
- Qualification offers a wide range of skills employers have identified as being important in the workplace
- This qualification accepts credit from both unit standards and achievement standards
- Literacy, numeric and social support to over come barriers to employment or further education are key aspects of the programme
- Programme covers self management skills, work and study skills, ooccupational health and safety practice, communication skills and business administration
- Educational programmes include dealing with peer pressure, managing change, independent living, managing use of drugs and alcohol, understanding employee rights and responsibilities